Friday 20 April 2012

WEEK 7 - Part 2

In order to create the spaces I want, I needed to research into the types of structures and spaces that I want to include into my folie. Not only is it crutial for space arrangement but also in terms of sizing and scaling, I can then determine how many people can use the space at any given time and design to cater for that need.

Firstly, I looked at stalls to get a brief idea of what Ill be working with in the next couple of weeks. Due to the stalls being movable, they had to flexible and easy to put up and take down, as well as storage for them when not in use needs to be provided. Below I've attached sketches and images of stalls in consideration. I can get a brief idea of the amount of space I would need in and around the stalls for ease of movement and comfort:




Secondly, I looked into performance stages. I dont want an average stage, but something that will suit every culture, yet however celebrate the Howard Smith Wharves and respect the land that we stand on that allows us to have the freedom that we do in order to celebrate our culture(s). Below are brief sketches and ideas looked at in initial stages:

Thirdly, each culture, tradition, background or simply ethnicity has its own ways of life, their own interpretation to the use of space, colour, smell, touch and taste. For a good outcome touching atleast one base in the ones mentioned above, I have looked into different patterns, designs, colours, textures and much more to determine the type of space that will welcome and be a base tone/texture/etc to any culture wanting to use the space. Some of the key ideas are shown below together with images:



Example column, with multiple bright and vibrant colours



No comments:

Post a Comment