Friday 11 May 2012

Terminal Location

Due to the location of my specific site on HSW, I decided to include a ferry/city cat terminal for numerous reasons:
  • Easier access to the proposed site
  • Continuation of old path along the river (river view)
  • Promotion of HSW in general
  • Stop for residents around HSW, therefore using the new terminal for work, leisure, education etc (meaning they have to pass by/through my site in order to get there, that way promoting itself and it's beauty

Convinience of ferry location within city

Convinience of ferry location within site

This however, made me decide to change the original layout I had of the breakout/waiting area infront of the terminal. Instead of views directly to the terminal, I divided this space into 2 areas on either side of the path connecting the terminal from the river to land. This allows for views of the river and the Story Bridge, as well as allowing visitors coming from the terminal to view the grand stage in the background instead of a stopping area ahead of them.

Sketch indicating views from breakout/waiting areas

No comments:

Post a Comment