Tuesday 29 May 2012

Terminal Design

The ferry terminal is an important feature in my design, which is why I decided not to have just any design that caters for a terminal, but one that blends in as well as promotes the structures already existing on the site as well as materials used. Obviously, the water level (tide) changes with time, therefore I had to design a terminal that caters for these changes as well as looks aesthetically pleasing.
Proposed Terminal in Sectional view

Proposed terminal in Plan

I researched into some designs, codes and specifications and finally came up with my solution after taking into consideration all the different factors from similar approaches. Below are a few of the examples I have looked at and my idea of what my terminal will look like. I still kept with the idea of curved roofs coming out of the ground and how one will experience this as soon as they stop by the site.



The use of a lookout space allows users to appreciate and celebrate the Brisbane river, Story Bridge and the site itself. It provides more than just an ordinary stop, instead opens one to a different experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment